- (of a patient) able to walk about; not confined to bed;
- designed for use by somebody with a disability that impairs, but does not prevent, walking;
- moving from place to place; itinerant; shifting;
use : medical.
origin : Latin ambulans, present participle of ambulare (“to walk”).
- The recording is done while the patient is ambulant and is performing his routine activities.
- Once with the title stamped on his memory, the zealous Irishman might be trusted to become an ambulant advertizer.
- Hospital beds would not be required for such local ambulant patients, and the hectic overwork of Accident and Emergency departments would, with one stroke, be alleviated.
Did you find the word interesting? Yes!
Share it with your friends and give them a chance to learn something new..