- the action of watching or catching sight of something or someone;
- the act of keeping watch; observation;
- the fact of noticing or observing; a discovery;
- the act of detecting something; catching sight of something;
use : archaic; obsolete.
origin : Middle English espiaille, from Old French, from espier, to watch.
- Then Wisdom altered its method and spoke of espial and discovery.
- Among the crowd entering the exhibition he could easily keep her in sight without risk of his espial being detected.
- Her system of espial is even more minute and irritating than that of Russia.
Did you find the word interesting? Yes!
Share it with your friends and give them a chance to learn something new..